I would like to use your photography services, where should I start?
- You can reach me through the contact page. Please include the event/occasion, date and location in which you would like your session held. If you haven’t decided on a location yet, please include the city where you will need my services. If possible, I would love to meet you in person for an initial consultation. This allows us both to get to know each other and for me to get an idea of exactly what you are looking for. Once you have decided to use me as your photographer, I will email an agreement for you to sign which includes all of the final details and pricing information. This will need to be returned with a deposit. Once received, your session date will be guaranteed.
How far in advance do I need to book my session?
- The earlier the better. You can contact me at any time to check availability.
What options do I have for payment methods?
- I am now accepting payment by credit card through PayPal. You may also pay by cash, check, cashiers check or money orders (these can be obtained through your bank or credit union).
Do you require a deposit?
- Yes. Your date will be guaranteed once a deposit and signed agreement are received. Wedding packages require a deposit of 25% of your total charges. Portrait services require a deposit of $50. This may be paid cash, cashiers check, money order or via Paypal.
Do you offer print packages and canvas prints?
- Yes. I do not include prints in the packages to keep the costs as low as possible for my clients. All high-resolution files are included in the cost of every package and session that I offer. Although I am more than happy to process your prints, some clients prefer to print photographs on their own. Prices of prints and canvases vary depending on size and amount but I will gladly send a quote for custom packages upon request. These items can be added in addition to any other services that I offer.
Do you travel?
- Absolutely! I love to travel and am willing to travel any where in the United States, as well destination weddings. A second shooter typically travels with me. Any travel costs will be quoted in your agreement.
What should I bring to my portrait session?
- Wardrobe changes are allowed (even encouraged) and you may bring up to two outfit changes.
- If your session is outside, touch-ups for make-up and hair can come in handy.
- For a bridal session I recommend bringing a bouquet to add a splash of color to your photographs. And of course, your wedding dress.
- For portraits of children, it is always a good idea to bring toys and snacks (nothing too messy) to keep them entertained.
What if it rains on the day of my wedding?
- Talk with your wedding venue coordinator about what options you have for an indoor ceremony/reception in case of emergency. It is always good to have a back up plan, just in case! As far as the photography goes, I am flexible and will be where ever I am needed. I always make sure to bring lenses for indoor and outdoor shooting in case anything changes.
What if it rains on the day my portrait session is scheduled?
- If your session is scheduled for an outdoor location we have multiple options if it rains. Either we can reschedule to another day or we can move the shoot to an indoor location. If you aren’t afraid to get wet, we can even get out the umbrellas and shoot your portraits in the rain. Umbrellas can make for great props!
What if I am sick or cannot make my portrait session?
- I understand that situations may arise which are out of your control. In this case, a new date may be agreed upon to reschedule your session.
Do you recommend engagement sessions and bridal portraits?
- Absolutely! Engagement sessions are great for save-the-date mailers and are nice to display at your wedding. Bridal portraits focus completely on the bride in her beautiful dress and double as a great time to do a trial run for hair and make up. These both are great to display at your wedding.
What if I wear glasses?
- If I am capturing excessive glare in your portraits, I may have you remove your glasses for a few shots.
Glare from glasses can typically be edited out.
How long after my session do I have to wait until I can view my photographs?
- It usually takes about 4 weeks for me to get all of your portrait photographs edited. Please let me know in advance if you need the photographs quicker, and I am happy to meet your specific deadline. Wedding photographs may take a little longer due to the larger number of images. I know you are patiently waiting to see them so I work my hardest to get them to you sooner than this. I will post a password-protected gallery and email it to you as soon as your photographs are complete. You may choose to download copies of your high-resolution photographs in the form of a zip file or I can mail you a DVD of the images.